Sunday 18 May 2014

Rawsome Vegan Baking

I think I could live on raw desserts. If money was no object and I had better kitchen equipment, that is! 

I really wanted to buy this book, Rawsome Vegan Baking, because I like Emily's blog This Rawsome Vegan Life. She has a very bubbly and fun way of talking about her recipes, and her love for raw desserts is contagious. 

Cashew Coffee Vanilla Crème Cake with Cinnamon Chocolate Crust
Another thing I like about Emily's recipes is that they are achievable with fairly basic blenders and food processors and (mostly) do not contain obscure ingredients such as Irish moss paste (I don't even know what that is but it sounds hard to find and expensive!).

Jungle Pie with Chocolate Crust, Banana Slices & Chunky Coconut Topping

The book is gorgeous and Emily's playful personality really shines through.  
I've only managed to make a few recipes so far, but there are so many I can't wait to make. 

Ultimate Caramel Chocolate Squares
Other vegan cookbooks I've recently blogged about: The Oh She Glows Cookbook

4 comments:

  1. Yum! These recipes sound awesome. I tried not to buy the cookbook but I may have to splurge a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet! I think it's really worth buying! There are so many great recipes I can't wait to make from this book. I only wish I had a really good high speed blender so I could make the recipes using young coconut... one day I'll invest in one :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, yum! Raw desserts really are in a category all of their own, and it is a gorgeous category. I love Emily's blog too and like you note, it's lovely that the ingredients are straightforward and the equipment largely normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari :) raw desserts are definitely my thing at the moment!

      Delete