Saturday 27 April 2013

Chocolate Banana Quinoa Flake Bake

There are a lot of granolas and overnight oats happening at our place for breakfast these days. So this was a lovely change:


There is something about a baked breakfast that feels so wholesome. Especially when it contains quinoa flakes. Very virtuous, even with the addition of choc chips!

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this, given that I am not a huge fan of the taste of quinoa flakes on their own. This is definitely my favourite use of quinoa flakes so far. 

I used this recipe, using the applesauce option. It's very easy - just mix the quinoa flakes, mashed banana, applesauce, nuts of choice, cinnamon and/or nutmeg, choc chips and put in the oven for around 20 minutes. Or in the microwave for a few minutes. Go and do some other stuff, then you have a beautiful warm breakfast awaiting you! 

I'll definitely be trying vegan versions of some of these other bakes over the winter.

1 comment:

  1. I like using quinoa flakes - although like you don't enjoy them much plain - so am always interested to see new uses for them. This sounds great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete