Monday 26 March 2012

Sylvia Says #9: Quick Bean and Avocado Salad

I know that everyone thinks that vegetarians/vegans live on salad, or air, but we don't actually eat a lot of salads at home. We have them now and then, but mostly survive on fast one pot wonders during our hectic weeks. I tend to make salads when we're entertaining, and I usually use a grain such as quinoa or brown rice to make them more interesting.

I whipped up this salad in desperation one day when I needed something fast. I was pleasantly surprised at how much Sylvia loved it. I think she loves the sweetness in the dressing, and anything with avocado is always a hit with her.

She also just loves saying the word salad.

Sylvia usually makes this salad with me, and eats it right out of the mixing bowl!


Quick Bean & Avocado Salad

1 avocado, chopped
1 tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp mustard

Mix all ingredients together and serve! 


No comments:

Post a Comment